Sunday 15 July 2012

Stuffed Peppers for Babies and Toddlers

Well it was bound to happen some day!  A recipe I made which I tasted and thought tasted great and my son has a straight rejection; I mean he doesn't even give it a go.  He is a bit off his food today, even rejecting pudding so I'm not going to be too hard on myself.

So in some ways perhaps I shouldn't be posting this but I am certain there is a good idea in here somewhere and, if I post it, I will think about it more, perhaps take suggestions from you good people and come up with an idea my son is a tad more accepting of.




Stuffed Peppers - makes 6 mini stuffed peppers

Ingredients

3 mini peppers (or you could use normal size peppers / capsicums)
1 slice, around 25g / 1oz bread made into crumbs
1 tsp of fresh mixed herbs, I used parsley, oregano and thyme
60g, 2oz vintage or extra mature (sharp) cheddar
50g, just short of 2oz courgette (zucchini), grated
1 tsp mild, sweet paprika
1 egg
1 tsp Olive oil

Method

Put the oven on to 170-180oC (350F).

Chop the herbs and grate the cheese.  Mix the herbs, cheese, paprika, breadcrumbs, courgette and egg.



Cut the peppers in half and fill with the mixture.  Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 25-30 minutes or until cooked and golden.



I'm thinking some inclusion of fish, maybe smoked fish or crab might be good.  I'll have a think.  There's a meal in here somewhere and irrespective of my son's response, it was pretty good as it is.

So people close to me will know there's a lot going on right now.  Things are difficult but it's so cool to have something in my life, this blog and my friends and family which give me so much joy.  Whenever you face adversity in life it can be difficult to see a good side to it but a good side, if there is one even in really dark times, is that I've had so much support from my friends and family.  It's a huge deal and it means so much.  So thank you kind readers, friends and family.

I've linked this up to CrispPhotoWorks food photography linky.

8 comments:

  1. This sounds great to me, don't take the rejection to heart!

    Could you get him to help make it? When my 3yo has gone through 'fussy' phases it often helps to get her involved with making the meals...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you should say that, I was thinking of doing exactly that today. I'm not sure it's fussiness, he's not had a poo for 2 days (sorry to be graphic) so it might be tummy ache.

      Delete
  2. I love your toddler friendly recipes - so I have nominated you to the Sunshine Bloggers Award. You can read the details of it on my post. I think many of the young moms that read my blog will love yours as well.

    http://vintageboomer.blogspot.com/2012/07/whoa-youre-kidding-right.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you were having hard times now. Thanks for taking the time to share your wonderful recipe! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. As I said, this blog gives me huge enjoyment to just share things and hopefully help someone else out.

      Delete
  4. Oh, I imagine crab would be just wonderful! That's a great idea. I occasionally make stuffed papers either with a mix of ground meat and rice or potatoes and herbs. Thank you for taking time to link up to Food Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the look so delicious!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments but please don't include links in them.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.