Saturday 6 August 2011

Tomato and Goats Cheese Tart

A variation on the tomato and brie tart but I've got a photo this time and another puff pastry recipe coming up so I feel justified to post again.  I also love a recipe which has 4 ingredients and yet tastes like so much more.




Tomato and Goats Cheese Tart - serves 2 adults and 1 toddler

Ingredients

Approx 200g ready rolled puff pastry (the remainder will be useful for tomorrow's recipe)
6 tomatoes, sliced (more or less depending on size)
150g of soft goats cheese; you can use rinded or rindless; the photo has rindless
A small amount of milk.

Method

Preheat the oven to 200-220 degrees celcius.  Unroll the pastry and cut off around 200g.  Score approx 1cm from the edge, not cutting all the way through.  Lay the slices of tomato within the scored area then top with crumbled goats cheese.  

Brush the edge with some milk and bake for 15-20 minutes until the edge is well puffed and golden.



I've linked this up to a July one ingredient linky!

The lovely ladies who organised this are:

http://www.workinglondonmummy.com/
http://www.howtocookgoodfood.co.uk/

2 comments:

  1. This is great, a few ingredients that work so well together. Perfect summer food. I hope my children get to like goat's cheese but in the mean time, I will be making this myself. I adore goat's cheese and of course, tomatoes!
    Thanks for entering One Ingredient :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I like my using less than 5 ingredients thing to make food! Nothing better than ripe tomatoes and goats cheese in my opinion!

      Delete

I would love to read your comments but please don't include links in them.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.